Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life is like a Muscle

So, we've all heard that saying, that you really only 'grow' during the difficult or hard times or things of the sort, right ?

I thought of this today, as I'm sitting in the endocrinologists office - again - waiting for the doctor to ask me an arsenal of questions, give me no answers, then proceed to take vials of blood hoping THIS TIME, they'll figure out what's been going on w/ me the last few months.

As I've said before, I try to find the good - or a lesson - in everything. So there I sat, wondering - what the hell have these last few months of medical mysteries that have knocked me on my ass and taken something away that I can never, ever get back : time ; where's the 'good' ? what's the 'lesson' ?

I dunno'.

But I thought of running, and how after a week of hellacious runs or a  training cycle that has shredded those muscle fibers  - when you break down the muscle - that pain and fatigue - you gotta' go through it. It's that breakdown of the muscle itself - you have to do it in order to get stronger. The recovery day, that's when the building up of strength occurs - but you've gotta' break it down before you can build it back up - it's all part of the process.

So, I'm anchoring myself to that;  that THIS pain, frustration, disappointment - I have to go through it...I am, without a doubt, broken down. But the strength and growing and the permanent improvement will be on it's way, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment